Coopers school Bromley /Chislehurst

(5 Posts)
Floralnomad Tue 13-Sep-16 10:18:51

I have a relative who is moving into this area and this school may be a possibility for their DC can anybody give us any opinions , particularly about the behaviour in the classrooms as this is an issue at the current school .

SideEye Wed 14-Sep-16 06:41:19

Avoid!

Floralnomad Wed 14-Sep-16 14:22:46

Why ?

PettsWoodParadise Thu 15-Sep-16 08:10:54

It seems to have improved a lot in recent years and did suffer a bad reputation which it has struggled to overcome. For the brighter kids it is never first choice as they will choose the nearby grammars hence they go to all offered for top bands. It can also suffer from a poor ratio of boys vs girls as there are more all girls schools in the area that parents will choose over Coopers. I have friends children of both sexes go to Coopers and they are happy with it. I see Coopers children walking to bus stops and trains (from where I am as the main road gets chokka they often get a train to Chislehurst and then either walk or get a bus up the hill) and they are all well behaved and polite. Saying that another friend whose DD didn't pass the local grammar tests chose to move house last year rather than risk getting Coopers, Chislehurst school for girls or the Priory (now Harris Orpington) as they really didn't like the schools when they visited.

I don't know about the behaviour in the classroom as all my knowledge is second-hand. Hopefully someone else with more info will come along.

CauliflowerSqueeze Sat 17-Sep-16 18:23:49

Boy:girl is about 65:35

Staff turnover is very very high - last year 35 left.

Behaviour is challenging.

Grounds and facilities beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now