Faith schools to become MORE selective .....

(3 Posts)
jailhouserock Sun 11-Sep-16 22:12:57

See the original thread in the In the News section for details, but the Gvt is planning to remove the 50% faith admissions cap on new faith academies.

jailhouserock Sat 17-Sep-16 18:07:52

For anyone who hasn't been following this discussion in the News section or Primary section ... if you nevertheless feel strongly about the proposed removal of the 50% cap on prioritising children by evidence of faith in new schools, here is the consultation that you need to respond to ....

consult.education.gov.uk/school-frameworks/schools-that-work-for-everyone

It is also well worth writing to your MP, to let them know how you feel, as the issue will be debated in Parliament at some point.

Allibear Sat 17-Sep-16 18:15:33

The point of faith schools is that children of that faith go there? We had parents complaining about Easter/Christmas masses at our CATHOLIC school? hmm we also knew a few children who didn't get in, who were catholic, because of those non-faith pupils. I think children from that religion should have first pick of the school, I wanted to be at a school where I could safely talk about religion without being judged. You just can't do that in a non faith school!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now