St Paul's

(16 Posts)
anotherschoolquestion Sat 10-Sep-16 21:22:04

We went to the open day today and I liked it.

Anyone got any views?

Thanks!

Ontopofthesunset Sun 11-Sep-16 15:02:05

What do you want to know?

jellycat1 Sun 11-Sep-16 15:05:24

Girls, boys or St. Paul's cathedral?

jellycat1 Sun 11-Sep-16 15:05:58

Oh sorry this is in secondary. Girls or boys?!

Notthisnotthat Sun 11-Sep-16 15:07:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Tiggeryoubastard Sun 11-Sep-16 15:09:11

How small is your world, op?

CruCru Sun 11-Sep-16 18:14:22

Although there are many schools called St Paul's, I do think of the independent school in west London when someone says St Paul's. I think the OP is referring to the boys' school, as the open day was on 10 September.

OP, I haven't seen St Paul's (I live in north east London and my children are miles too young to look at senior schools) but I know it by reputation. An old boss's children (girls and boy) went to SPGS and St Paul's and did very well.

jeanne16 Sun 11-Sep-16 19:42:11

Obviously St Paul's is one of the most sought after schools in the country. It is highly academic, very difficult to get into and extremely expensive. It is a great school for the right boy, but not so good if your son is in the bottom sets. Having said that, even the boys in the bottom sets get mainly A*s.

anotherschoolquestion Mon 12-Sep-16 07:49:41

Thanks all, and very sorry to those whom I offended by not specifying which St Paul's.

I was interested in whether current/past parents or those who know pupils think highly of it. Whether there is bullying, whether the boys are happy, that sort of thing.

Sorry I missed the deleted message!

Thanks all

jellycat1 Mon 12-Sep-16 15:51:03

You didn't miss anything! How old is your DS? Most parents work backwards and start preparing them young. It's a tough school and you have to be a certain type of boy to love it.

SNschoolquery Sat 17-Sep-16 22:44:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lastminute1 Sun 18-Sep-16 20:58:30

I once met a young man at St. Paul's, he was Y11 at the time. He was so polite, knowledgeable in a broad way, very impressive. I asked him if they made him work hard. He looked at me and said:
- I have no life.

Bigbiscuits Mon 19-Sep-16 10:25:29

Last minute - with an answer like that I would guess he was pulling your leg.

Bigbiscuits Mon 19-Sep-16 10:26:09

Or maybe in real life the delivery was different.

lastminute1 Mon 19-Sep-16 12:54:35

Ha ha, it's possible Bigbiscuits.

stouensbay Mon 19-Sep-16 13:02:26

If you talking about the independent west London boys school then my brother went in the late 1990s and loved it. He was pretty academic, very sporty and laid back in his approach. If the child is not academic (but been extensively coached say) I think they might struggle.

They expect a lot from their students as does the girls school. They tried to push my brother to do medicine as he was sciency. He had no interest in it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now