Career App???

(3 Posts)
pennygoodlife Sun 28-Aug-16 21:58:04

My DN has just received pretty rubbish GCSEs he's still wanting to do A-levels at his school 6th form. But he seems clueless as to what to take, ( he wanted to study applied sciences but hasn't passed one science at GCSE!) and has no clue what he wants to do as a job. His DM is at her wits end with him. He's not a bad lad but lacks motivation and is shy - although he can be very sweet on a 121 basis. It doesn't help that he was born with a severe hair lip/cleft pallette and I think this underpins his lack of self confidence.

I'm keen to help but obviously I can't push him to much. I just want to do my bit to help.

I was wondering if there was an app he could download for careers advice or at least give him some self direction into his own likes and dislikes. Any other advice would be appreciated

thesandwich Sun 28-Aug-16 22:12:56

Have a look at the very good icould website which has a buzz quiz based on the widely used Myers Briggs model which gives lots of ideas and videos about various careers. I would also strongly reccommend the skills show at the nec in Birmingham in November- free and excellent.

cdtaylornats Sun 28-Aug-16 22:46:08

nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/aboutus/newsarticles/Pages/Spotlight-NCSApp.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now