Holy Grail - not uncool school trousers!

(10 Posts)
AFourNotebook Fri 08-Jul-16 18:08:39

DS will start secondary in Sept. He needs black, tailored trousers. He is very skinny, so M&S-type school uniform trousers just look flappy on him, iykwim, and totally nerdy.

What I would like is some slim-line trousers, that basically look like chinos, but will pass the tailored trouser test.

Are there any experienced secondary parents out there that can advise where I might be able to buy such trousers? He will probably go through the trousers in the knee within a couple of weeks, so not too £££ would be great! Thanks. smile

imsorryiasked Fri 08-Jul-16 18:40:20

Debenham have some slim leg ones for £8

SaltyMyDear Fri 08-Jul-16 18:41:07

BHS does a great range of skinny trousers.

Unfortunately they've closed sad

suit2845321oie Fri 08-Jul-16 18:47:07

Sorry, I just buy the M&S or Tesco bog standard school trousers as does everyone else

EasternDailyStress Fri 08-Jul-16 18:48:23

I came on to say BHS too! Not sure where I'll get them from in future.

500internalerror Fri 08-Jul-16 19:12:46

I'm envious of anyone that can choose, & doesn't have to pay rip off sole suppliers!

AtiaoftheJulii Fri 08-Jul-16 19:36:11

Someone was telling me yesterday that m&s do good skinny leg school trousers that her son likes, for something like £17 for two pairs.

Bhs are still selling online. I just bought dd another pair of narrow legged trousers to put aside for when she needs them, as they are a good fit on her.

clary Sat 09-Jul-16 14:14:46

Yes M&S do skinny leg slim fit school trousers, they are not all flappy and big.

What have you bought before OP or did your DS not wear uniform at primary? I promise you M&S will be fine, my DS2 is slim and very picky and he is fine with theirs.

Cakescakescakes Sat 09-Jul-16 14:18:48

M&S do loads of slim fit trousers. Lots of variations on their website.

AugustRose Sat 09-Jul-16 14:35:05

I use M&S for slim leg trousers for DD (14) and I'm sure the boys are just as good. DS (19) has slim fit trousers from Burtons but they do cost a bit more, I think he paid £20 - he's so slim it's the only place he can get them from to fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now