City of London School for Girls

(6 Posts)
WappingKids Wed 29-Jun-16 11:54:48

I am helping a Yr5 pupil at a state primary to prepare for CLSG entrance exams in Jan 2017. She's not my daughter, I'm helping as a favour to parents who can't afford private tutoring.
Can anybody advise what sort of % she needs to be achieving in NLGSC past papers to have a good chance of success? I'm aware that the school is dropping out of NLGSC for 2017 entry, but I think they are sill the best guide for preparation?
Thanks for any advice - it's the first time that I have been through this process.

merlottime Wed 29-Jun-16 12:05:51

Are the parents hoping for a full/high bursary (as if they can't afford a tutor how will they afford the fees)? I don't know the school so can't advise on your question, but based on other schools the competition for large bursaries is huge, which trends to increase to scores required to be in with a chance.

WappingKids Wed 29-Jun-16 14:03:11

They may need a bursary, but I am staying out of their personal finances. I know it's very competitive, which is why I'm looking for some info on what kind of scores a pupil needs to achieve in the run up for City of London Girls to be a realistic ambition.

80Kgirl Wed 29-Jun-16 14:34:15

You should read through old posts on the 11+ forum. They get into this sort of thing.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Thu 30-Jun-16 08:48:51

It won't just be about her raw scores though especially if her parents are hoping for a bursary. Is she easily coping with the work at primary school, is she right up at the top of her cohort, is she an engaged child who throws herself into every opportunity, does she have anything extra she could offer the school like drama, sport, music? That's what the school will be looking for if they're going to invest large amounts of money into her education

thewillows2016 Sun 03-Jul-16 12:47:16

Bump
I am also interested to know what sort of marks Y5 girls sitting 11+ exams next year for very selective independant schools such as City or SPGS should be getting at this stage (DD not at a prep school so we are totally in the dark).
Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now