Bishops stortford college

(7 Posts)
milenalee Tue 28-Jun-16 22:42:13

My daughters are presently in year 8 and year 7. They are happy at friends school but I think they are coasting in many subjects and one child has no friends in her year. I've just discovered bushes stortford college and am very impressed. Has anyone went daughters there? Were you/are you happy with it? Is it a friendly school? My girls don't want to change but I think they will have more opportunities there.

milenalee Tue 28-Jun-16 22:43:32

I mean bishops stortford college, not bushes, silly auto correct!

HereIAm20 Wed 29-Jun-16 20:18:40

No personal experience but my cousin went there and then on to Pembroke College, Cambridge and got a first. Generally well regarded school but I am sure someone can fill you in more. Friends has more of a reputation as bring suitable to help children less academic but developing them in different ways.

hertsandessex Mon 04-Jul-16 16:13:16

Bishops Stortford College is a lot more academic (although harder to get into a result). Most people I know seem happy with it and no sense of it not being friendly. Also it is much bigger so more chance to make friends and more opportunities with sports, music, etc.

milenalee Mon 04-Jul-16 16:24:32

Thanks. They did get in and we have to decide by Friday. I really don't know what to do asthe girls and so anti moving.

hertsandessex Mon 04-Jul-16 16:35:22

That is difficult. Maybe tell them to try it for one year? Presumably they would be able to get back into Friends a year later if you wanted to move them back and they would slot back in easily.

milenalee Mon 04-Jul-16 16:58:47

Yes, I've suggested that. They claim that would be worse...but mostly they don't want to move. I have no doubt it's a better school but I worry about the psychological impact of moving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now