Aldenham school

(5 Posts)
loopyloo87 Wed 15-Jun-16 15:09:53

Our Dd is in year 5 and she is already in independant education but we are thinking about changing schools next year as the one that she is at currently is very sporty and she isnt... We are going to view Aldenham does anyone have or know a child at this school? is it a well rounded school ?
Which questions should I ask ? I'm in a bit of a muddle as I'm looking for a good school shes not one of the top academics or top teams in sport..
Any advice greatly appreciated

bojorojo Wed 15-Jun-16 18:29:24

Is there such a thing as a non sporty independent school? The ones I know all thrive on sporting prowess amongst their pupils. Not sure you will get what you want. schools must have sport on the
Curriculum so how can you avoid that? My DD1 was not sporty so just did what she had to and was not chosen for teams . That is all you can expect really.

mary21 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:15:56

Have you checked out St Margaret's bushy

LAK11 Tue 21-Jun-16 15:16:32

My son is at Aldenham and he is not sporty. It is a well rounded school. It caters for all abilities. Did you go to the Open Day last Saturday? If you missed it there will be another in October. It is worth noting that there are more boys than girls at Aldenham but this is slowly changing as they have St Hilda's as part of the school foundation now.

fassbendersgirlfriend Tue 21-Jun-16 15:31:20

I'm putting my son (now9) in there as one option. It's a lovely school. He loves sport and is not showing too much academic prowess ;-) yet, but I like the ethos and slightly more laid back approach. Think they do flexi boarding too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now