Travel to Tiffin Girls from Ealing

(8 Posts)
tosmita Mon 13-Jun-16 09:10:35

Hi,

My girl has got admission in Tiffin Girls & will be starting her school in Sept. 2016. We stay in Ealing Broadway. So wanted to know if

1. there are any year 7 mums living in the same area?
2. we can arrange some private transport for girls?
3. any hire bus/ cab service which serves the school & my area?

Appreciate any help.
SB

Cleo1303 Mon 13-Jun-16 10:13:13

You could ask the school to put you in touch with other families from the Ealing area. It doesn't have to be just Year 7s.

amidawish Mon 13-Jun-16 10:24:27

Can't you get the 65 bus direct there?

AmazingDisgrace Mon 13-Jun-16 13:40:55

I would think the 65 bus was quicker than driving due to bus lanes? There are likely to be other girls throughout the school travelling on that route so she wouldn't be on her own. Its best for children to become independent when travelling to and from school where possible as it will help massively with after school clubs, sporting activities etc.

1mum2boys Wed 15-Jun-16 13:03:25

I heard that there might be a private bus from Osterley but that would mean she will have to take bus 65 to Brentford.

AmazingDisgrace Wed 15-Jun-16 14:24:58

I'd be very wary about the private mini buses. A few were found to have no insurance.

Strix Mon 20-Jun-16 09:54:29

First and foremost, congratulations! grin

I think the 65 bus is your best option, and it won't cost you a penny. She could take the overground from Acton and transfer to 65 at Richmond. But it would be easier just to take one bus.

Besides she will soon organise with her new mates where they want to meet and will probably travel together.

I understand that forms are set at both Tiffins by geographical area. So she will hopefully have some friends nearby.

My son is going Tiffin in September. We've met a few boys in the neighbourhood at our "celebration tea". Have you had something similar at the girls? When is your transition day? Tiffin Boys calls it New Boy Day. Not sure what the girls school calls it. Do you know what form she is in yet?

MarietteL Sat 13-Aug-16 15:53:15

tosmita
You received a list of all the new pupils' addresses on 16 July.
Bus 65 from Ealing Broadway is the only bus to run directly to the school so she's lucky to live on this bus route. Our DD has to take 2 buses.
Your DD needs to learn to travel to school independently, as all secondary school headteachers tell their new parents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now