Tormead School Guildford

(2 Posts)
user1465399441 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:50:10

Hey!

So my daughter will most likely be going to Tormead School next year for sixth form.

I was wondering if any of you could provide me with any insight as to what the atmosphere is like in the school, how friendly/welcoming the girls are and how good the teachers are?
She's worried that it'll be difficult for her to make friends as we are moving from another country (she attends an international school).
I was wondering if the school has any connections with any of the local boys schools? She's not so keen on moving to an all girls school so that's why!

Thanks in advance!

yourmothernotyourfriend Mon 13-Jun-16 14:23:07

Hi there - welcome! I have two daughters at Tormead but lower down the school so cannot give feedback on the sixth form.

I love Tormead girls. They are friendly, down to earth, respectful and pleasantly, rather than showily, confident. They are also inclusive and have a diverse range of interests - all of which are equally valued by the school community. I think that my girls' future employers will be looking for people with the emotional intelligence to manage a team and I believe that this is something that Tormead is particularly skilled at encouraging in its pupils through its inclusive approach. You can probably get a good idea about the feel of the school by monitoring the Twitter feeds for the various departments (although pl do try to overlook the occasional typos - the misspelling of practice/ practise is a particular irritant for me!)

Yes there are links with the boys' Royal Grammar School, Guildford with regular socials and also, I believe, some extra-curricular activities, but again I'm not sure of the extent of these at the 6th form level.

Where are you moving from?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now