Hockerill College Sixth Form Full Boarding

(5 Posts)
sugarland1 Fri 03-Jun-16 11:48:20

Hi. Does anyone have any opinions regarding the boarding experience for Sixth Form? Are the students fully supported throughout the IB and is the school a friendly school without bullying?

Thank you.

hertsandessex Fri 03-Jun-16 12:49:03

Overall very good. They are well supported with good staff infrastructure supporting the IB (100% IB which makes a difference) although there is a need for them to organise there own time to make sure they are focusing on the right things. Generally the IB students are very busy and pulled in lots of directions so perhaps not a relaxing experience but then again I think that applies to the IB everywhere! It is a friendly school with very little bullying - certainly nothing serious and any little thing that does occur gets stamped out very quickly. Feel free to PM me if anything else you would like to ask.

sugarland1 Sat 04-Jun-16 06:13:18

Thank you very much for your reply! Much appreciated.

lifeisunjust Sat 04-Jun-16 08:35:59

No school has no bullying. We are humans.

I have my son in another state boarding school, he has done years 12 and 13 only with 4 week and A2 exams to go. He has been kept very busy over these 2 years academically and socially.

I would have great confidence in your choice of Hockerill, it might be an option for my younger children in a few years.

State boarding schools offer excellent value and Hockerill is up there at the top academically.

sugarland1 Sat 04-Jun-16 10:09:22

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now