Rochester Independent College

(6 Posts)
orangesugarsheep Sun 22-May-16 19:53:53

Has anyone any experience of either the one year GCSE courses or A level study here? Are considering moving our dc as not happy with his current school. Thanks!

OrchardDweller Fri 27-May-16 20:18:57

My DS is on the 18 month A level course and is absolutely thriving. Was very unhappy at previous school and has "blossomed" since starting at RIC. Very supportive teaching staff but it's not your "run of the mill" sixth form college. So pleased he's there.

orangesugarsheep Tue 07-Jun-16 22:40:21

many thanks for reply - we are looking at moving in year 11 and doing one year GCSE first - have visited and thought it looked fantastic but hard to really know what its like to be a student!! Did he find it hard to settle in and are the other students friendly?

OrchardDweller Wed 08-Jun-16 09:06:26

I'm afraid I can't comment on year 11s as they're separate from those in the A level years but my son settled in really quickly. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and the teaching staff have been fantastic. The lack of nit picking rules have been a relief for him and he's embraced the ethos with maturity. Has your DS had a taster day there?

orangesugarsheep Sat 11-Jun-16 14:57:24

Hi - we are going next week for two days - one day is specially for children going into year 11. We looked round and he wanted to start there and then -logistics are horrendous but we'll find a way if its right!! Does your son board?

OrchardDweller Sat 11-Jun-16 17:46:21

He does board and really enjoys it. The journey back on a Sunday night takes us 25 minutes. However if he was a day boy the traffic during the week would mean it would take us well over an hour (and a lot of stress) to get him there! Don't see why you can't board in Yr11.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now