What is your DC's attitude to revision?

(7 Posts)
CharleyDavidson Sun 22-May-16 16:30:58

DD is v driven. Far more than I remember being. She spends hours and hours revising, with notes she makes and note cards etc. She's only y10 and is doing this for her first set of exams (3 this coming week, 5 more in 2 weeks after half term and then maths in November - we are in Wales).

I can't see DD2 being any where near like this when the time comes as she is very much a 'leave it to the last minute' kind of a person.

Moetandchandon Sun 22-May-16 21:16:20

Well my dcs did very little revision at home. Did it all at school. Ds pretended to revise and dd didn't even do that!

Good for her charley. At least you won't have to nag her like I did/am still doing.

Stoneagemum Sun 22-May-16 21:33:19

My ds(16 in midst of GCSEs) says the closest he gets to revision is sitting next to someone revising!
In practice this means that he is revising by stealth in lessons as those he is sitting with ask questions or to be tested so he is still looking at the required knowledge.

CharleyDavidson Sun 22-May-16 21:48:34

I end up nagging in reverse, moet. 'Go and take a ten min walk round the block for fresh air'!!

lljkk Sun 22-May-16 21:50:55

DD is currently droning at me for revision. This is a nightly event. I bet she'd get A* if she had done no revision whatsoever since March.

DS may have read the book for his Eng. Lit exam tomorrow am. Or maybe not. Who knows? wink

BackforGood Sun 22-May-16 22:04:59

Wish my dc were more like that. Unfortunately they seem to have the same 'stickability' at revision levels as I did blush

lljkk Sun 22-May-16 22:18:13

Ooh, DS has read the book for tomorrow.
DD did a 35 mile cycle ride today (this is a bizarre unusual event) so I suppose has earnt revision time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now