Lacrosse equipment

(5 Posts)
Ahwoo Thu 19-May-16 00:51:40

DD starting at a lax-crazy school in September. Just wondering how much equipment she will be needing - what are the essentials, what are "options"?

And if there are any good websites for reasonably cheap equipment.
Thanks

jeanne16 Thu 19-May-16 06:28:49

My DD did lacrosse at school and the school wanted them to have a specific make of stick. The school purchased all of them and we had to pay them. So I would check with the school before you buy anything. Apart from that they just need a good mouth guard.

MidLifeCrisis007 Thu 19-May-16 06:37:43

If you're anywhere near London book her into a Chiswick lacrosse camp over the Summer holidays! It'd be a great intro to the game and you'll get all the advice you need (plus you can buy discounted sticks there).

Don't buy a cheap stick - she'll only need one stick while she's at school so make it a goodish one else you'll be buying two! You don't need to buy a custom fit Opro mouthguard via the school at vastly inflated prices - just get a home moulding Opro one at half the price! Always a good idea to have a cheap spare one just in case she loses her proper one (you can pick them up for less than £5 on Ebay).

I'd recommend some grippy gloves too. The metal shafts get very cold in the winter.

Gruach Thu 19-May-16 06:37:48

Very soon, possibly just before the start of the summer holidays, the school will send you a list of every single thing she will need - and tell you exactly where each item should be purchased. Probably.

merrymouse Thu 19-May-16 06:44:33

I agree that I would initially use the school's list - they do tend to be quite specific. It's also worth seeing what everyone else has. Assuming she will be starting at 11, they will all be learning in the first term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now