Year 7 resits of SATS

(5 Posts)
GettinTrimmer Thu 12-May-16 08:45:44

I've googled but can't find a link or anything to confirm that it's definite that year 7s may have to resit SATS, only found news articles from last year. Can someone tell me/provide link? Thanks.

noblegiraffe Thu 12-May-16 10:49:13

Not for current Y6, but for current Y5. As far as we know it's still going ahead but there is supposed to be a consultation about how to implement it and this hasn't opened despite ministers being asked repeatedly when this will be.

member Thu 12-May-16 10:54:51

Yes, what Noble said except that on TES yesterday, someone was suggesting consultation would be occurring this autumn.

GettinTrimmer Thu 12-May-16 15:13:10

Thanks for replies - dd will be relieved, in old money she would be a safe Level 5, sound ability, but doesn't think she's done well in the tests, and was concerned that she'd have to resit as she'd heard something on the news - I've not mentioned SATS to her.

littlequestion Thu 12-May-16 17:02:53

We were firmly told by primary school that resits WOULD apply for this year's Year 6 - I read elsewhere (on mumsnet) that they were optional though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now