Stokenchurch parents - where do your DCs go?

(4 Posts)
BoyMeetsWorld Wed 11-May-16 08:33:00

Out of interest, which secondaries do DCs living in Stokenchurch go to, assuming you were living in Stokenchurch at time of applying?

bojorojo Wed 11-May-16 11:19:08

Bucks C C website has details of secondary/grammar catchment areas, so look at this. Also look at secondary schols in Oxfordshire. Thame?

BoyMeetsWorld Wed 11-May-16 16:37:36

Hi yes I've been studying this to death.

I just wanted to see if anybody would share actual experience.

Stokenchurch is dual catchment - Cressex and Great Marlow. Yet based on the max distance GM have gone up to in past 5 years, most of Stokenchurch would never stand a chance so I don't understand why it says they are in catchment, wanted to see how many actually get in from there.

On the other hand, if Cressex really is the main catchment for Stokenchurch it doesn't make sense to Me. Stokenchurch primary is outstanding...wouldn't Cressex be much better and have a lower % of EAL students if so many Stokenchurch primary kids actually went there?

Of course the nearest school is Icknield. But it's not catchment. So I wanted to see in reality whether many go there.

Hoping some people are willing to share experiences as the data online isn't making sense!

GRW Wed 11-May-16 17:27:08

I have known someone from Stokenchurch who went to Icknield Community College, and there was a public bus to get there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now