Hornsey School for Girls - what's going on?

(4 Posts)
noodlingabout Tue 03-May-16 13:51:46

I've been impressed by Hornsey on open days but I see the teachers are striking because of 'bullying' (IE of staff) and I bumped into a neighbour the other day who told me of another neighbour who moved her child due to bullying/gang issues (IE pupils).

about teachers strike

None of this leaves me feeling very comfortable. I am more concerned by the staff action than the second hand info (although it's not what I was hoping to hear). Teachers don't strike lightly (who does?) so any info from current/recently former parents or staff at school would be really good to have. We're in a bit of a catchment dead zone so if I need a 'plan B' I'll need to get working on it soon!
We'll be doing applications this autumn (for admission Sept '17).

noodlingabout Tue 03-May-16 20:40:31

Anyone have a view on the current state of Hornsey?

latergater Fri 30-Sep-16 17:31:45

I heard this today via someone I know, as I mentioned I'd been to an open day and really liked the school. So also keen to hear more. But I really liked it - got a great feeling. Lovely teachers, great kids and a really relaxed and lovely setting.

Trying2bgd Tue 04-Oct-16 23:03:29

sad to hear as this is my old school but i went decades ago. Might be best to check out a website for the local area and community as they will probably have more answers and current parents on their forums. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now