Dr Challoners v watford grammar

(4 Posts)
bakhdadc Tue 29-Mar-16 13:07:40

Hi all,
I have just registered myself and not where to start from. My son has got a place at watford grammar and Dr Challoner's for sixth form, we are so confused - dont know which one to go for. My son wants to go into either medicine or dentistry.

TheSecondOfHerName Tue 29-Mar-16 17:59:59

Well done to your DS. They are both very good schools. I'm probably a bit biased because I have three children at one of them, but from an objective point of view, there's not much between them. What about geographical factors; how long a journey would he be facing in each case?

bojorojo Tue 29-Mar-16 19:17:47

Both are more than competent at producing medics and dentists. I would look at journey time, where he thinks he will fit in, extra curricular that may be of interest and, hugely important, do they help with work experience or do you have to find it all yourself? This is important for medicine. Can you look at their university destination lists? I am a but biased, DH and DM went to DCG. It used to be coed in Amersham when DM went.

TheSecondOfHerName Tue 29-Mar-16 21:05:52

At Watford Boys all boys have to do regular voluntary work in the sixth form. One of the options is volunteering at the local hospital.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now