Secondary schools in wokingham and bracknell

(5 Posts)
Tulip81 Sat 26-Mar-16 17:30:57

We are considering schools in boths of these areas. Ive heard edgbarrow school is excellent, however following the deputy head last there has been a mass exodus of teachers going with the deputy (these are rumours i have heard, could be absolute rubbish!).

Does anyone have any experience of the Wokingham state secondary schools?

Thanks

SianiMoomin Mon 28-Mar-16 19:17:00

Hi, I know the schools in both areas pretty well. Did you have any particular schools in mind or just Edgbarrow?

There are a few outstanding secondaries and many good ones. Really all you can do is go and see them and go with your gut instinct.

Tulip81 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:37:22

Thanks for your reply sianimoomin. I would appreciate your opinions on the outstanding secondaries. My children are still young, we need to move house, as we have outgrown our current one. So i would like to move to an area with good primary schools, but more importantly secondary schools. I have mentioned edgbarrow as their exams results are excellent, however would be interested to hear about their pastoral care.

SianiMoomin Mon 28-Mar-16 21:28:18

If your children are still young, a lot can change by the time they reach secondary age. I think only Edgbarrow, Ranelagh and the Holt are currently outstanding and Garth Hill, St Crispins, Emmbrook, Sandhurst, Forest, Bulmershe, Waingels and Maiden Erlegh are all currently good - don't dismiss these, they are all popular and good schools!
It will really depend where you live - you'll have to live in Crowthorne to get Edgbarrow. I believe Crowthorne C of E is the best primary in the area.

Tulip81 Tue 29-Mar-16 12:58:49

Yes they are young, but we need to move as space is an issue! Thank you for your input, ive had a look ar crowthorne c of e, on paper it looks like a great school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now