Copying Homework

(5 Posts)
blimppy Thu 24-Mar-16 13:52:43

DD(14) is complaining that others in her class, both friends and not friends, are often copying her homework. She feels this is unfair as she has done the work, but does not want either to upset the friend, or make the non friend angry (history of bullying behaviour). I wasn't sure what to advise. With the friend, I though occasional copying could probably be lived with, but if it is a lot DD could express concern that they could both get into trouble. But I didn't really know what else to say and wondered if others have dealt with this sort of situation?

TeenAndTween Thu 24-Mar-16 13:58:21

Can she not do delaying / putting off tactics? e.g.

I've not done it yet
I've left it at home
I've already handed it in

Otherwise, maybe a fresh start next term? Assertively state "I've decided I'm no longer willing for you to copy my work." ?

Wolfiefan Thu 24-Mar-16 14:00:53

She needs to stop doing it. She could get into trouble for this!
Refuse? Get school to deal with any unpleasantness.
Hand it in early?
Email work to school?
She can't really complain people copy if she's handing them the work to copy from. She may need help dealing with upsetting others. If they don't want to be upset then they should try doing the HW!

ealingwestmum Thu 24-Mar-16 14:49:01

We had a brief period of this, on top of being wrong, DD resented it as there seemed no appreciation for it either.

We talked about how it was wrong for her to allow and for them to ask. Instead, I advised her to say 'no, but if you get in 15 mins early I am prepared to help you'.

They soon stopped asking...grin

maydancer Thu 24-Mar-16 19:58:27

DD had this, and resolved it by doing one version very badly for 'friend' to copy, and another to hand in.After a couple of times of this she stopped asking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now