Epsom college waiting list

(9 Posts)
plea77 Sun 06-Mar-16 18:11:40

My ds is currently on the waiting list. Do you know when Epsom start informing people on the waiting list if they've got in? Do children who are put on their waiting list generally get in?

If anyone here has been on their waiting list please share your experience as the waiting is driving me crazy.

Thank you

SAHDthatsall Sun 06-Mar-16 19:06:30

11+ ?? First year they've done 11+ isn't it?

plea77 Sun 06-Mar-16 19:16:06

He's on the waiting list for 13+

Firstlawofholes Sun 06-Mar-16 22:18:59

SAHD where did you see 11+? I was assuming 13+.

OP, good luck - we're about a year behind you so will be interested to see how you get on.

LIZS Sun 06-Mar-16 22:23:34

Isn't 13+ there common entrance? So some will be awaiting scholarship outcomes and may currently have more than one school to decide between by the end of term before CE. Do you have other options?

Bombaybunty Mon 07-Mar-16 13:21:57

We were in your position a year ago.

Sadly my DS wasn't offered a place, the selection process is very odd despite having a % rule.

Bombaybunty Mon 07-Mar-16 13:22:24

Do you have a second choice?

plea77 Mon 07-Mar-16 13:47:04

Hi Bombaybunty, I hope your ds has found a really nice school and is happy. I do find it unfair how they keep us hanging on, it causes so much stress. Did they let you know March time or in the Summer?

I don't have many options to be honest, so I'm in a bit of a panic.

Bombaybunty Mon 07-Mar-16 14:25:47

They didn't let us know. We phoned a few times, then got an offer from another school.

We phoned again to discuss the list with Epsom and were advised to take the other place as an interim measure. That was our last communication with Epsom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now