should I change tutor

(6 Posts)
daisysmom Sat 05-Mar-16 09:05:54

My DD fell behind in maths in Y3 so we got her a tutor to help her catch up. She is now in Y6 and will be going to secondary school in September so I was wondering if I need to change to a too a tutor who teach secondary school. We're very happy with her but are unsure if she will be up to date with the curriculum.hmm

TeddTess Sat 05-Mar-16 09:46:59

i would think the tutor you have for now can cover the ks2 curriculum no problem right through to the end of primary.

are you going to carry on with a tutor into secondary? if so yes you probably need to get a ks3 tutor.

MumTryingHerBest Sat 05-Mar-16 10:47:18

daisysmom Sat 05-Mar-16 09:05:54 My DD fell behind in maths in Y3 so we got her a tutor to help her catch up. She is now in Y6

I would say that if you daughter has not yet caught up by now then you should have looked for a new tutor some time ago. Why have you left it so long?

TeddTess Sat 05-Mar-16 12:31:36

where does she say her daughter has not yet caught up ??

daisysmom Sat 05-Mar-16 12:33:42

Mumtryingthebest -DD has caught up and is now working at the level she should be. I'd like to continue tutoring into secondary school to give her as much extra support as I can. Sorry my question was not clear, it was more about whether I need to change to a tutor who works at a secondary school as her current teacher is primary. I hope that makes sense? X

ChalkHearts Sat 05-Mar-16 14:54:49

Ask the tutor!

I wouldn't think it's be a problem in Y7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now