London City school for girls, Godolphin & Latymer, Notting Hill Ealing school

(7 Posts)
louisechapel Sun 14-Feb-16 22:55:03

Please help I really need you candid advice folks!
My DD is lucky enough to get offered a place from LCSG, G&L and NHES. My DD set heart on GL and LCSG. I personally really liked LCSG as it is a multicultural school. I was not that impressed with GL as they seem to be coming from posh chelsea families but I am conscious that it is a good school also. Not impressed with NHES at all.
Please please give me a direction of travel as we need to put a decision by this week. So which schools would you prioritise?

Clonakiltylil Sun 14-Feb-16 23:19:32

Do you really need our help? It sounds as though you know what to do. I wouldn't need anyone's help in deciding my child's school. It's up to you! Or is this a stealth boast?

Zhabr Mon 15-Feb-16 07:42:43

Well, it can be very difficult to decide really. OP's post does not seem like a boast to me. I would prefer City of London for it's atmosphere. DD had an offer several years ago, but went to a grammar school at the end. Don't know the other two from your list at all.

GladToBeDone Mon 15-Feb-16 07:53:40

When my DD went through the 11+, we visited both CLSG and G&L - agree that one strength of CLSG is diversity of the student body while we were surprised that it appeared to be the opposite at G&L. However, G&L has a much nicer campus than CLSG (at least to us). Also, my impression is that G&L is a bit more laid back than CLSG. We ended up choosing a different school (we applied to G&L for its IB option but decided not to apply to CLSG).

jeanne16 Mon 15-Feb-16 08:08:59

I would consider which is the easiest journey as your DD will be doing it every day.

Missinglalaland Mon 15-Feb-16 08:39:40

We are very happy with CLSG. The teaching is very good and we like the

Missinglalaland Mon 15-Feb-16 08:44:39

Sorry cut off there! To continue:

We like the ethos.

However, we did just get a letter from the bursor, fees are going up by over 9% next year! There was no real justification for these beyond essentially, "we are a good school, others charge more, we are worth it!"

Along with smarter new uniforms, and a new head, I hope this is not a change in ethos towards being another luxury day school in London for rich expats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now