(8 Posts)
Han23 Mon 11-Jan-16 09:20:24

Thoughts on Bryanston School in Dorset please...many thanks

TeenAndTween Mon 11-Jan-16 13:08:18

My Dad enjoyed going there ...

... during the war grin

(Sorry no help but a bump at least)

earsarehurting Mon 11-Jan-16 15:24:24

I know several children who go to Bryanston who are very happy. The work ethic seems good, the pastoral care likewise. I also know of the Head Mistress, who is really dynamic, straight talking and seems to be doing very well by the school.

Han23 Tue 12-Jan-16 04:21:29

Yes I have heard fantastic things too so great to hear yours too, many thanks

wurzeldrink Tue 12-Jan-16 09:29:24

Its close to us and we know the school pretty well,although it wasnt our choice of school,we have friends that are happy with it on the whole,be careful if you want full boarding,the place is pretty empty at weekends,in our opinion its rather london centric,but we understand they are now actively recruiting from abroad might be worth checking why the year 9 house was started

earsarehurting Tue 12-Jan-16 11:54:58

Good advice from Wurze. The DCs I know there all stay for the W/E except exeats of course, but worth checking how many do smile

hutchblue Fri 29-Jan-16 13:53:22

went there over 20 years ago.
nice school then!
it wasn't very academic then. don't think it is now either.
but lovely grounds, so many things to do, think that's still the same.
would i send my kids there...?
not sure.
but then not sure i'd do boarding, having boarded myself for so many years.
but each to their own! and i may change my mind in the future!
good luck. x

bojorojo Fri 29-Jan-16 14:25:21

There are very many boarding schools who have to recruit from abroad to keep numbers up. The only people I know who went to Bryanston were from London with country houses in Dorset. They valued it because it was not particularly academic. However, most schools can educate the most academic and I think it depends if you like the ethos and feel of the school. Loads of boarding schools are pretty empty at weekends these days, apart from the overseas students.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now