Langley park boys/girls vs Darrick wood vs Hayes

(4 Posts)
Feellikerubbish Mon 02-Nov-15 12:23:35

Can anyone provide more information on Langley park for boys/girls school, Darrick wood and/or Hayes school please?

We have been to the Langley schools open days and was very impressed. Would like to hear from any parents who have childten at any if the 3 schools and hear your opinions. We are trying to move in the next year or 2.

Thanks

PettsWoodParadise Tue 03-Nov-15 23:19:08

Both Langley and Darrick have small catchments so you wouldn't live anywhere where you could get either. Langley schools are single sex, Darrick co-ed. Both are highly sought after. I have friends who have been at Langley and highly rare it and also friends at Darrick again very happy with the school. I don't know Hayes well enough to comment. Had you also thought about Bullers Wood, currently a girls schools and a boys counterpart school due to open this Sept?

Thymeout Wed 04-Nov-15 19:49:39

All the high-achieving Bromley schools have small catchment areas - tho' the 'high-achieving' may well be a result of socio-economic factors.

If your dcs are different genders, you need either a good co-ed, like Darrick or Hayes, or two good single-sex schools, like the Langleys. Bullers Wood girls' school is excellent, but the proposed boys' school doesn't even have planning permission yet, as far as I know, and will be an unknown quantity. For boys, Ravens Wood - single sex - and Ravensbourne - co-ed serve the same area. Neither is in the same class as the schools you mention, but I've heard good things of Ravensbourne, which is moving up the league tables with an ever-shrinking catchment area.

If property prices are also a factor, houses in the Langley and Hayes catchments are very expensive. Darrick area probably more reasonable?

Loopy69Lou Fri 25-Nov-16 21:26:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now