Heritage School Cambridge

(3 Posts)
Smedly Tue 22-Sep-15 08:49:42

I'm looking in the Cambridge area for a school with small classes and one I thought might work I turn out to be not keen on, so I am working down the list.

I searched and found some old threads about Heritage School, and I am wondering what the current thinking on it is.

We're a little worried, as atheists, that the religious overtones will be too much for us. I also don't want my child to think that we can't talk about that sort of thing, and so we set up some marginalisation for us as a family.

But also care about academics. Any current or past parents care to give an current view of the place?

IzzysMum2010 Wed 03-Feb-16 14:22:01

Hi,
My daughter is at the Heritage School in her second year. We totally love the school. My daughter does there happily each day and comes home so full of exciting things she’s learnt. My husband is already finding she knows more about history and music and art than he does and my mother who has taught maths and further maths to teenagers who go on to Oxbridge is seriously impressed with the methods and level of my daughter’s maths already!
I worked with Cambridge students and have many friends who conduct the entrance interviews every year for 6th formers applying to Cambridge. So often I hear from them (and we read in the press) that it’s hard to find students who can think for themselves, who have a love of their subject, who have interested minds and a thirst for knowledge and understanding. I have to say that when students from the Heritage apply for university they will be these longed for applicants. The Heritage fosters a love of learning, an interest in the world, in science, in literature and every area I can think of. Just going for a walk with students from the Heritage School is eye opening and they spot birds they can name, notice what pipes have been exposed by the road works and recently at Windsor Castle I thought a room didn’t have anything interesting for children in it when my daughter piped up and named all the kings and queens in the portraits on the wall that I hadn’t even noticed.
The Sports teaching and facilities are incredible. The Heritage is across the road and is able to use the best pitches and pool in Cambridge. Mr Hulett is a role model for the littles ones right up to the oldest teenagers and the success in sports matches is brilliant. My son is the sort of boy who will love rugby and will need running about and I am 100% confident Mr Hulett and his assistants will teach him the skills and character needed to enjoy sport competitively.
I am so thankful I heard of this school. I have a friend who is a fit and sporty guy who loves to work outdoors and yet interested in history and physics and classical music. I asked him how he got his love of learning as I couldn’t picture him sitting in a library all day. He explained that he had been taught about history by visiting castles etc and he opened my eyes to the methods of the school. After that I knew the Heritage was where I wanted my children to go and it’s hasn’t disappointed. The parents and teachers are very supportive and chatting in the playground actually outweigh the stress of the school run.

IzzysMum2010 Wed 03-Feb-16 14:24:28

Hi,
My daughter is at the Heritage School in her second year. We totally love the school. My daughter does there happily each day and comes home so full of exciting things she’s learnt. My husband is already finding she knows more about history and music and art than he does and my mother who has taught maths and further maths to teenagers who go on to Oxbridge is seriously impressed with the methods and level of my daughter’s maths already!

I worked with Cambridge students and have many friends who conduct the entrance interviews every year for 6th formers applying to Cambridge. So often I hear from them (and we read in the press) that it’s hard to find students who can think for themselves, who have a love of their subject, who have interested minds and a thirst for knowledge and understanding. I have to say that when students from the Heritage apply for university they will be these longed for applicants. The Heritage fosters a love of learning, an interest in the world, in science, in literature and every area I can think of. Just going for a walk with students from the Heritage School is eye opening and they spot birds they can name, notice what pipes have been exposed by the road works and recently at Windsor Castle I thought a room didn’t have anything interesting for children in it when my daughter piped up and named all the kings and queens in the portraits on the wall that I hadn’t even noticed.

The Sports teaching and facilities are incredible. The Heritage is across the road and is able to use the best pitches and pool in Cambridge. Mr Hulett is a role model for the littles ones right up to the oldest teenagers and the success in sports matches is brilliant. My son is the sort of boy who will love rugby and will need running about and I am 100% confident Mr Hulett and his assistants will teach him the skills and character needed to enjoy sport competitively.

I am so thankful I heard of this school. I have a friend who is a fit and sporty guy who loves to work outdoors and yet interested in history and physics and classical music. I asked him how he got his love of learning as I couldn’t picture him sitting in a library all day. He explained that he had been taught about history by visiting castles etc and he opened my eyes to the methods of the school. After that I knew the Heritage was where I wanted my children to go and it’s hasn’t disappointed. The parents and teachers are very supportive and chatting in the playground actually outweigh the stress of the school run.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now