Bullerswood vs. Chis&Sid Grammar School/Bexley Grammar School

(10 Posts)
VanillaLatte13 Mon 21-Sep-15 14:20:29

Feedback please. We will have to make a decision for DS soon. BW Girls with very good reputation, BW Boys opening next year.

BlueBrightFuture Tue 22-Sep-15 19:35:28

My DDs are both at Chis & Sid. year 11 & year 7. Happy with it looked at Bexley grammar but not so keen on the new head. I have no clue what BW is like not looked in to it because I'm a great believer of Co-Ed schools.. I think both Chis and Sudcas well as Bexley GS are excellent schools tbh.

PettsWoodParadise Tue 22-Sep-15 23:44:45

Friends daughter went to Chis n Sid, only thing she didn't like was the 8.15am start and the horrendous traffic that meant a few miles journey took aaaaaages. Something to be said for if you have a good school on your doorstep go for that but appreciate that BW boys is unproven. Test results out for Bexley in a few weeks - eek.

BlueBrightFuture Wed 23-Sep-15 07:47:02

Mine have the option to take the bus but it is probably faster for them to walk to school bearing in mind waiting time and rush hour traffic. If you like the local school I would not commute.

VanillaLatte13 Thu 24-Sep-15 15:11:14

Just not too sure if DS will be among the first 180. He was not too happy with the english comprehension. I am very much for Chis&Sid but would like to know my back up plan.

Hays school is more than 4 miles from us and we are quite far from the catchment. I dont see any alternative locally for boys:-(

Journey to Chis&Sid will be not that bad, involving 2 trains for 30 minutes and 10 mins walk. I am guessing that the results will make my mind :-))

BlueBrightFuture Fri 25-Sep-15 14:33:12

Depending on distance you may not need top 180. I think this year Chis & Sid went out to abt 4.5 miles (as the crow flies) regardless of boundaries.

VanillaLatte13 Fri 25-Sep-15 16:42:09

All I can is really hope that he has scored well ... We are 4.6 I think.

hufflebottom Fri 25-Sep-15 16:49:16

Has there been confirmation as to where they are planning on putting BW boys? I know they want to use the field but surely it won't be ready in time?

VanillaLatte13 Fri 25-Sep-15 17:19:05

Awaiting planning permission.

hufflebottom Fri 25-Sep-15 17:31:39

Ah fair enough. Just saw it pop up and was a tad confused. Sorry for interrupting your thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now