Girls' PE bags at secondary school

(20 Posts)
rollonthesummer Sun 23-Aug-15 21:55:49

What do your secondary girls carry their PE kits in? In primary, they have specific regulation drawstring bags but they don't have to have these at DD's school and it won't be comfortable to lug on the bus. What can I get her?

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 23-Aug-15 21:59:31

DD loves the small converse backpack. Just the right size and thick straps.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 23-Aug-15 22:00:58

Small gym bags are de rigeur at ours.

fastdaytears Sun 23-Aug-15 22:07:14

Sorry OP this won't help but does anyone else remember when a drawstring Gap carrier bag was the most desirable PE bag going? Followed by a Miss Selfridge one.

rollonthesummer Sun 23-Aug-15 22:12:38

but does anyone else remember when a drawstring Gap carrier bag was the most desirable PE bag going

OMG-I had one of these!! Then one of those beige cotton Body Shop bags!!

QOD Sun 23-Aug-15 22:14:47

Jane Norman string handled carrier in Yr 7 and then just a carrier bag ...

BackforGood Sun 23-Aug-15 22:16:46

Mine both use a bag similar to the one they had at Primary (but without the Primary school logo on it wink) but they don't carry them about much as they have lockers at their school.

VirginiaTonic Sun 23-Aug-15 22:18:09

I remember when Head bags were all the rage! shock <v.old>

I think a drawstring Nike or Adidas bag is preferred where we are.

rollonthesummer Sun 23-Aug-15 22:21:06

link

Is this the sort of thing peope mean?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fastdaytears Sun 23-Aug-15 22:36:28

Ahh happy to see that carrier bag thing going strong after 15 years!

Bunbaker Sun 23-Aug-15 22:47:56

Carrier bag here - New Look or similar.

CarlaJones Thu 27-Aug-15 12:33:43

Would this www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00404XYBY/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or this
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004UV1FFY/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Be an acceptable PE bag for a year 7 girl who needs a bit of help fitting in? Or would I be better off getting one of the plastic carrier bags mentioned above? Ditto swimming bag. Thank you

CarlaJones Thu 27-Aug-15 12:34:56

I'm happy to get hold of a New Look carrier bag if that would be better

feetlikeahobbit Thu 27-Aug-15 12:38:51

Ours use canvas tote bags, this years one cost £2 from Tiger. DD is going into yr8.

ttlshiwwya Thu 27-Aug-15 14:32:44

In my DDs school it is any carrier bag from a "desirable" shop. A few years ago it was Hollister semi-naked boy carrier bags!

rollonthesummer Thu 27-Aug-15 15:57:31

Semi naked Hollister bags have been banned at my friend's school!!

Madmog Sun 30-Aug-15 14:01:24

Mine has actually has a draw string bag which she actually seems happy with - it's an upgrade on Tescos carrier bags some use!

She has to share a locker and they both have trouble squeezing both PE bags in, so do get something flexible that folds away well - DD has had to have her bag, musical instrument, pe bag and cookery stuff all on one day, so offloading the PE bag into a locker is essential for her.

TinklyLittleLaugh Sun 30-Aug-15 14:04:09

Mine has hers in a carrier bag stuffed in her rucksack with the rest of her stuff.

MyNightWithMaud Mon 31-Aug-15 00:24:14

I bought DD a nice, lightweight but roomy and zippable bag from a French chain store, but she has never used it, preferring one of our zillions of cotton shopping bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now