GCSE Computer Science

(1 Post)
fatmumma Sun 05-Jul-15 19:07:01

I know it is very early to be thinking about options but my DS who is at the end of Y6 and moving to Secondary School in Sept has already said he wants to do Computer Science!

Some background on DS, he doesn't particularly enjoy school, has little enthasium and puts minimum effort into most subjects! hmm

However since about Christmas time he has been attending the after school code club and loves it. I found details of a summer holiday course that offers coding, Lego robotics etc and have booked him in. He said "oh good that will help me with my Computer Science GCSE". well, you could have knocked me over with a feather, never has DS been so enthastic and thought ahead shock

I am keen to encourage him, but I know the Secondary school only offer CS to high achievers of maths, but I don't know if this is just children in top set. - a friend of mines son got Dropped from doing CS GCSE.

I have talked to DS about how he will have to work at his maths if he wants to do CS and he seems up for it.

I realise it is very early days, but any advice etc. Will get his y6 SATS results soon so that will give us a predictor of his maths level

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now