Secondary schools in Farnham

(8 Posts)
Cats01 Tue 09-Jun-15 20:31:23

I would be grateful if anyone with experience of Weydon or Farnham Heath End could share their views please.
Thank you.

inthename Tue 09-Jun-15 22:17:14

Weydon, very sought after, think they have feeder schools (might be wrong on that) as on your godalming schools thread, I have friends who rave about it.
Heath End hasn't got such a good reputation, though I don't know anyone who has been there recently, used to be considered quite rough and had a reputation for their students fighting with students from All Hallows.

IHeartKingThistle Tue 09-Jun-15 22:33:28

I have several (non-rough wink) friends who have children at Heath End who are achieving and happy. Chances are mine will go there too.

Problem with Farnham is that lots of people will do anything to avoid their children being in a school with estate kids. You know, because middle class kids can't be jerks hmm

There's a chance I may have a small bee in my bonnet about this grin

inthename Wed 10-Jun-15 07:11:28

Didn't mean to offend IHeart (I went to another surrey school and lived on the estate with a similar very old reputation) Glad Heath End now good school.

IHeartKingThistle Wed 10-Jun-15 07:47:16

You didn't offend me, you didn't say anything untrue smile

Aigle Wed 10-Jun-15 14:22:03

Less about "jerks" more about aspiration, surely. Is Heath End the school the estate kids go to?

IHeartKingThistle Wed 10-Jun-15 15:47:04

Yes, mostly. I don't believe for a second that the school's aspiration is any lower because of that though. There will be a lot more kids who have been tutored for SATS going into Weydon I suppose.

Cats01 Mon 15-Jun-15 20:31:33

Thank you all. Any more comments welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now