Options

(4 Posts)
Feeeeee Wed 20-May-15 09:06:57

Hi my dd has got got her options through, she choose history but was given geography, which wasn't on her list or her reserve subject, am waiting for the school to ring back, not sure how to handle it any ideas?
Thanks. Xxx

catslife Wed 20-May-15 10:07:43

I think that this must be a mistake. If a pupil isn't allocated one of their chosen options, they should be given the reserve. I would just point this out to the school when they ring you back.
If for any reason the reserve wasn't possible, they should really have contacted you and spoken to your dd before the letters were sent out.

Feeeeee Wed 20-May-15 12:13:28

Hi
thank you for your reply.
I'm am also thinking it was a mistake, she had to choose either or both history and geography but at no point were we told she would be given the other subject if the one she choose was unavailable, she then had to pick 3 subjects with a fourth being the reserve subject, she did get her choice of the 3 subjects, but I am annoyed they have not spoke to her or contacted me in regards to history not being available. School have still not rung me back. Xx

Millymollymama Wed 20-May-15 15:14:33

History is very different from Geography. I am thankful every day that my children got the subjects they wanted. All these difficult scenarios - who needs it? Maybe they are trying to sqeeze her into History - could be good news when they ring back. Here's hoping.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now