Year 9 - did your DC get their options?

(7 Posts)
starfish4 Tue 19-May-15 11:12:49

My DD's options will be out after half term, but I know some have them already. Just wondering what the chances are of her getting all of her options, so I just wondered if everyone's elses got theirs?

Floggingmolly Tue 19-May-15 11:15:03

Dd won't get hers till the final week of Year 9... Fairly crap.

Madmog Tue 19-May-15 14:08:32

My DD will apparently know early June. They choose six options in order of preference and will be given five - I was told recently they all tend to get their choices, so we will see!

Flugdrachen Tue 19-May-15 15:20:19

dd got theirs at Easter - they had to make their ideal choices lists at Christmas - pretty much everyone got what they wanted (in dd's form everyone did) because they design the blocks from the lists the pupil's made at Christmas.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 19-May-15 15:27:23

Ds has known his since before Easter , can't believe some kids have to wait until June ! Yes he got everything he wanted and so did his friends. Fingers crossed!

Cafeconleche Thu 21-May-15 09:00:24

Yes, DS got all his choices - as did most of his friends. They started some of the courses after Easter and will start the rest after Half Term. Very happy house here - school seems pretty organised

lljkk Thu 21-May-15 09:08:43

yr8 DD got hers yesterday, her name was one of the first down to make a change but I've already figured out they probably can't accommodate. So she'll probably complete Art in yr9 which she is understandably intimidated by. I know she can do it, it's whether she can learn to compromise & juggle her time on other subjects, too. New timetable starts around 15 June. They only get the options announced for yr9, and it's wait & see for yr10 & 11. I suppose it's make or break time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now