Tutor for SPGS/Godolphin

(11 Posts)
Needmorecupcakes Tue 17-Mar-15 14:26:35

Hi all, first post, so please be kind! My daughter is in Year 3 at a good private school that does not prepare for 11+. She is doing well there and, although it is early days to tell, when the time comes we would like her to sit the entrance exams for some of the selective SW London schools, particularly Godolphin and possibly SPGS. Her school is pretty good so I hope all the English and Maths basics will be in place, but I would like to talk to a tutor that has experience with the SW London exams to see whether or what she needs to do on top of schoolwork. I don't plan to start tutoring now but I heard that good tutors get booked up years ahead, so I thought I'd better start looking into it at this stage. Problem is I have absolutely no idea of how to find a good tutor with the relevant experience (we are not from the UK originally). Could someone please be kind enough to give me a steer on how to go about finding a tutor? Or even better recommend one (by private message)?
Thanks!

millefiore Tue 17-Mar-15 14:37:03

Have sent you a recommendation by PM.

PP1234 Sun 25-Sep-16 23:34:32

Hi Millefiore/Needmorecupcakes. We have recently moved to London and my DS has recently started at a new school in year 4. We don't know many people in the area yet. We are also considering SPGS/Godolphin for her. I'd be very grateful if you could PM me to recommend a good tutor and/or give advice on how to go about finding a tutor. Many thanks in advance.

cathycmb Tue 04-Oct-16 20:37:18

Hi,millefiore, can you PM me as well!? We are considering the SPGS seriously. Many thanks!

millefiore Tue 04-Oct-16 22:46:39

Hi PP1234 and Cathycmb,

Have PM'd both of you.

Pradaqueen Wed 05-Oct-16 07:25:02

Hi millefiore, DD is due to sit SPGS initial test in Nov then (hopefully) the main test in Jan. She is hoping to apply as a music scholar. We have done 11+ prep plus extension maths to year8 level in prep plus a wide reading list. She has done the SPGS practice papers which she enjoyed and completely in the time allowed. We haven't had a specific SPGS tutor. Anything else you'd recommend doing at this (late) stage?

S999 Wed 05-Oct-16 10:18:56

Hi there
We too will be applying to SPGS for 2017 entry - any advice gratefully received please!
Thanks!

S999 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:22:18

Pradaqueen - can I ask you what marking scheme you used for spgs sample papers please?

Pradaqueen Wed 05-Oct-16 20:53:35

Her prep school head teacher is marking them for her so i'm sorry I don't know.

Violetta2017 Thu 06-Oct-16 11:42:44

Year 8 maths shock Is it really necessary for spgs and co?

Pradaqueen Sat 08-Oct-16 12:50:05

Hi Violetta I am adviced yes on this shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now