GCSE Maths or Foundation maths

(7 Posts)
Caldamar Thu 11-Dec-14 12:12:56

Lost thread from chat I found on google!
Will employers recognise a foundation maths c grade the same ad the will a GCSE grade? Thanks

TeenAndTween Thu 11-Dec-14 13:42:30

I believe a foundation maths C is equal to a Higher maths C. They are both GCSE grade C. I don't believe employers would be asking for which paper you took.

I have come across some A level courses that like to know whether you took the GCSEs as Higher or Foundation papers (languages spring to mind).

The questions are easier on the Foundation paper as they don't have the A / A* grade questions on there - but you do have to get more of them right!

(disclaimer, only a parent, no special knowledge).

Yangsun Thu 11-Dec-14 14:01:32

Yes Teen is right. The GCSE is in maths not in higher or foundation, if the highest grade a pupil us realistically going to get isa C then the foundation paper will be much more accessible and the C grade will be of equal value whether it I'd gained on h or f tier.

MrPickles123 Thu 11-Dec-14 19:15:20

You just get a grade on the exam certificate- eg, grade C, grade D. (Maths teacher here) so it doesn't matter which tier is taken, as long as it's appropriate.

Tia1973 Fri 29-Apr-16 19:09:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Tia1973 Fri 29-Apr-16 19:10:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 29-Apr-16 19:11:24

Tia please will you stop spamming the boards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now