Woldingham school

(8 Posts)
Mrssigns Sun 26-Oct-14 13:05:20

Hi ladies

I am researching senior schools for my dd. woldingham looks absolutely fantastic and I think would really suit her. Does anyone have a view on how hard it is to get in and or how many girls apply for each space. She would be going for a year 7 place.

Thanks in advance.

LIZS Sun 26-Oct-14 18:05:42

All the girls we've known apply have been offered a place, it isn't highly academically selective but takes all rounded girls and looks at potential. iirc they offer a sleepover weekend as a taster before the entrance tests, roughly about now for next year's intake.

Mrssigns Sun 26-Oct-14 18:16:21

That is encouraging. She is currently in year three so I am way ahead of myself but I have been worrying about this for a while. She is at sutton high school and is doing well but nowhere near the top of her class. she does try hard though and hates not doing well. I think her spirit would be crushed at my other all girl options (wimbledon high putney jags) even if she somehow got a place.

Leeds2 Sun 26-Oct-14 18:17:59

DD is in Sixth Form there. In her year group, when applying for Year 7, I do know of girls who weren't offered places, but not huge numbers of them!

LIZS' idea of the sleepover weekend is a great one, particularly if your DD is interested in boarding. I'm afraid I don't know when it is though.

qwerty01 Fri 22-May-15 22:38:54

my children are there . Fantastic school. Use to not be regarded academically years ago but this has changed. Loads of girls including mine have all A grades in external exams . Mine are not super bright geniuses just really good teaching. Pastoral care is fantastic. They have sleep overs from children in year 5 so the children can get a real feel for it and open days . I am really glad I chose it.

Icimoi Sat 23-May-15 20:29:44

Qwerty, why have you sought out three separate old threads just to praise up this school? Are you on its marketing team?

AnotherNewt Sat 23-May-15 20:43:24

I find the hagiography threads rather desperate and conspicuous too.

But the application numbers for Woldingham are rising (people have tumbled to how easy it is to reach from Clapham Junction) so this isn't a time when cack-handed marketing is needed at all.

And I'd heard very good things about the current head from her days at St Mary's Cambridge.

A school on the up, I think.

qwerty01 Thu 18-Jun-15 23:40:50

definitely not on marketing team .... one night when onto mumsnet looking for info on something else and saw loads of stuff about the school with questions and stuff that was no accurate. Just thought I would respond. School is oversubscribed with numbers at school maximum so they do not need to do underhanded marketing ploys. Did not mean to cause an issue just thought if someone was looking in the future it would be helpful to have up to date info ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now