Lucky to have G&L offer, can anyone quell minor reservation?

(1 Post)
swamper Thu 27-Feb-14 11:49:30

Our DD is fortunate to have offers from G&L and Latymer. We are having trouble deciding between the two and currently leaning toward G&L, on the grounds of perceived slightly calmer and more supportive environment and ever-so-slightly better league table performance. Not much to go on. They're both great, if quite different in obvious respects! I have heard whisperings that G&L's communication with/attitude toward parents can fall a bit short. We had a bad experience in early primary years with a sniffy school that talked down to us and/or shrugged off or got defensive about concerns. Can anyone with a DD at G&L tell me whether you have any such concerns about G&L? Not sure whether it would be a deal-breaker, but I would hate to enter another environment where we as parents felt sidelined and/or patronized. We're not at all neurotic constant complainers. We simply want a place that considers parents partners in the education process to the extent that you can find out what's going on occasionally and discuss it with teachers on a peer-to-peer level. Any thoughts much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now