Lady Margaret school in Fulham

(13 Posts)
SouthwestMum01 Wed 26-Feb-14 14:51:32

Can anyone with a daughter at lady Margaret school in parsons green rate it on a scale of 1-10 (10 being excellent) regarding behaviour please? I have heard a lot of contradictory views about this. Thanks

majurormi Wed 26-Feb-14 15:45:54

I live in the area and have seen nothing but great behaviour from the girls around the school. They are polite and courteous outside of the school gates, so I assume it is that way during school. I compare this to 2 local comprehensives in the area where the behaviour outside of the school gates is appalling. Until I learned more, I assumed it was a indpendent school.

MLP Wed 26-Feb-14 16:14:28

One of our babysitters is doing her A-levels there. She is brilliant - mature, polite, thoughtful, hard-working, intelligent and exactly how I would love my DDs to be like when they reach their teens.

fulhamsw6 Wed 26-Feb-14 23:01:37

I would be concerned!

SouthwestMum01 Thu 27-Feb-14 10:23:26

Thanks to everyone who has responded. Dear Fulhamsw6, if you feel able to describe why you would be concerned I would be extremely grateful (I understand that you might feel unable to say much other than in general terms but I would very much appreciate it if you wouldn't mind indicating the nature of the concern eg bullying/disruption in class etc)

sickandtiredofitall Thu 27-Feb-14 12:42:06

My DD is in year 10 and all the girls I have come into contact with are lovely well rounded, well behaved girls. if there is any trouble the school deal with it quickly and nip it in the bud. I have nothing but praise for the school so its a 10 from me

fulhamsw6 Thu 27-Feb-14 20:50:27

Dear southwestmum01, thank you for understanding the difficult position I am in. Regarding bullying as I am sure you are aware it happens in any school. I can't fault Lady Margaret with how promptly they deal with an issue. When it comes to disruption in classes, then I feel it only fair to be honest and tell you it is a problem, maybe not a huge issue for many girls/parents but my daughter was the one who brought it to my attention. She came from a junior school where the children respected the teachers. She said she found it distracting and often hard to concentrate. If I'm honest I'm a little bit disappointed with the school and just hoping things will improve. Hope this helps

SouthwestMum01 Fri 28-Feb-14 09:24:05

Dear fulhamsw6, thank you for responding to this. I really do appreciate the fullness of your answer. You have been extremely helpful. Hope things improve.

NearTheWindymill Sat 01-Mar-14 00:04:53

I am with FulhamSW6 on this. There is a problem and it needs to be acknowledged and dealt with.

SouthwestMum01 Mon 03-Mar-14 17:30:08

Thanks so much for your responses. We have just been offered a place at the school. On balance do you regret sending your daughter there? I know there isn't a real choice as the state makes one offer but if you could go back in time would you have selected a different school had you been given the choice? thanks again

NearTheWindymill Mon 03-Mar-14 19:50:47

I think a lot depends on the cohort. There are very few options in this part of London and LMS is still one of the better ones.

sickandtiredofitall Tue 04-Mar-14 07:46:11

no regrets from me! she loves it and its a very close knit happy school

Harleyjosh Thu 20-Mar-14 18:06:16

My daughter started Year 7 in September and a few of her friends have sisters in Yrs 9&10 and their parents are very positive about the school so I was surprised to see fulhamsw6 experience.
From a personal point of view I can say my daughter has never been happier - she has a lovely group of friends and has made excellent academic progress since joining LMS,she seems very engaged in her learning and is enthusiastic about going to school each day. Homework is marked to a very high standard and I was amazed by how well the teachers knew her at the first parents night(less than three months into the school year). Best decision we ever made accepting her place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now