No weekend because to many cautions

(28 Posts)
Kenlee Sat 14-Dec-13 00:28:14

I was having my weekly Tango with my daughter. When her friend popped on the screen to say Hi. Yes at her school they are very well mannered.

I knew she was a weekly boarded and asked her why your not at home this weekend. The answer horrified me. It was because she had received to many cautions that her mother was not willingly to pick her up.

Although, Its not much of a punishment as she prefers to be at school with her friends....

Kenlee Tue 17-Dec-13 23:24:31

Oh I dont doubt that the school has its way of disciplining the girls. In fact the cautions were for missing homework and leaving stuff out that should have been tidied.

Im quite surprised that it is the norm for kids in the UK to say hello....good morning and the like. I found it extremely pleasing that my DD friends would actually do that.

Im sure DD friend's parents know what they are doing I just found that odd. I suppose its also normal for the UK. Anyway dd friend has negotiated to stay in school 3 weekend out of 4. Which also surprises me too....

If I was in the UK I would hope my DD would want to stay weekends. I asked my daughter this hypothetical question. To my surprise she said its a good job your in HK .....because I do love being with you but School time is where my friends are.. I suppose its time to let go.....

OpalTourmaline Tue 17-Dec-13 23:57:01

Im sure DD friend's parents know what they are doing I just found that odd. I suppose its also normal for the UK It's hard to say whether it's normal in the UK as only a fairly small percentage of UK kids go to boarding school. I would think it is not a common thing for parents of boarders to do. Good news that your dd is enjoying herself though.

LIZS Wed 18-Dec-13 08:36:31

^ Anyway dd friend has negotiated to stay in school 3 weekend out of 4. Which also surprises me too....^ Depends on the culture of the school . If most are full boarders then weeklies may feel left out , likewise reverse can be true of a mainly weekly/flexi boarding and day school. Also maybe her home life is disrupted, parents travel lot for work or siblings living away for example and continuity is better at school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now