French exchange

(5 Posts)
CQ2S Sat 16-Nov-13 18:12:55

I want to arrange a french exchange trip for my 14 year old daughter. I don't have any contacts in France, can anyone recommend a good company or charity to make the introduction?

Shente Sun 17-Nov-13 15:54:35

I would ask her French teacher for advice in the first instance, even if the school don't run one he or she may have contacts or there may be an exchange run via your town or a nearby town's twinning group. That way you will have some sort of prior knowledge about where she's going and potentially a link with the area.

Marmitelover55 Sun 17-Nov-13 17:43:52

My French exchange friend sent a letter addressed as follows:

At a girl,
In a high school,
In Brighton
England.

She ended up with me and we did 3 or 4 very successful exchanges each (fortunately for me her family had a very nice chalet in the alps). Not sure parents would allow this now...

CQ2S Thu 21-Nov-13 18:25:42

Thank you both of you. Love the randomness of your French exchange friend, marmitelover (eating it now). Will go with Shente's advice. Danke …oops, mercy

Leeds2 Thu 21-Nov-13 21:48:12

My 15 year old DD did her Spanish exchange through school.

When I was a similar age, I did a German exchange arranged via our town's German Circle. I don't know if such things still exist, but it might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now