State secondaries in Farnham

(7 Posts)
JooLoo Sat 09-Nov-13 19:25:17

We're looking at a place in Park Road, so backing on to Farnham Park. Which state secondaries will we be likely to end up in - two local schools seem to be converting to academies so no info available. Are local schools generally good or must we be in South Farnham?

Many thanks!

crunchbag Sun 10-Nov-13 16:01:03

There are 3 state secondaries in Farnham; All Hallows, Farnham Heath End and Weydon. Their admission criteria can be found on their websites and the Surrey council website. All Hallows is RC so admission is based on that, Heath End and Weydon work via feeder schools.

There are no bad schools in Farnham, so no you do not need to be in South Farnham. The schools are likely to be oversubscribed, so I guess where you end up in will depend on places available. Best thing to do is visit the schools.

JooLoo Mon 11-Nov-13 21:02:14

Thanks Crunchbag. We are still some way from secondary age, currently overseas, but we'll need one eventually!

littone Mon 11-Nov-13 21:17:34

I think for Park Road area, your nearest schools are likely to be Weybourne Infants, William Cobbett for juniors and Heath End for secondary.

crunchbag Mon 11-Nov-13 23:19:56

Or maybe Potters Gate or Hale school. I know Hale feeds into Heath End, not sure about Potters Gate.

Good luck with the house.

greyvix Wed 13-Nov-13 19:00:16

All the state secondaries in Farnham are good/ outstanding.

drzeus Sat 16-Nov-13 22:04:49

I used to go to Farnham Heath End (left in 1981). Not much use to you obviously, but it was a good school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now