Staffordshire Moorlands School

(4 Posts)
SporkandFooon Fri 27-Sep-13 17:27:18

My DS has recently started a middle school in the Staffordshire Moorlands.
I chose the school based on location to our home (the other school nearby is quite a distance to walk) and having read the ofsted report before I made my decision, it was a "satisfactory" school.
Since then this has changed to "needs improvement".
Now, I don't base everything on these reports, I believe that they are only a part of a school on a whole and a lot is down to the pupils and parents; however, items that were raised in the report appear to be affecting my DSs education.
I am unsure how to go forward from here.
I would like to know what actions the school are taking to improve the school, am I able to request such information?
If so, how do I go about it?
I would like to contact the head about my concerns, not just for my son but for the other children in his class who have been given incorrect instructions regarding their work but I am concerned incase he gets penalised for it.
What do you wise folk of mumsnet think?
confused

SporkandFooon Fri 27-Sep-13 18:26:42

Anyone?

PottyLotty Fri 27-Sep-13 20:38:10

I would make an appointment with the head and take a list of your queries with you so you dont forget anything.

If you are concerned its affecting your childs education then you have every right to raise these points with the school.

You dont say what it is you would like out of the school. Are you looking for a specific issue to be fixed/changed, or are you just unsure how the school is going to continue in its current form?

cricketballs Sat 28-Sep-13 16:49:41

needs improvement is the same category as the old satisfactory. What are the areas of concern? If a school is in this category then they will be receiving guidance and support to improve

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now