Sixth Forms (Private or state)

(53 Posts)
lottie4576 Mon 19-Aug-13 09:58:30

I'm looking to move my DD at sixth form, but I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to what ones to look around as there are so many out there. We would like to have good Music and Sport (hockey especially) but we also want it to be academic (eg. in the top 100 schools in exam results). One of the key reasons for moving is we feel she is seen as a statistic and is not getting the notice she deserves for the amount she does for the school.

If anyone has any ideas of schools that might suit her please comment as we are nearing the Open day period, thanks

Needmoresleep Tue 03-Sep-13 09:21:16

What is the problem with Westminster sport? Two full afternoons during the week, a full set of fixtures most Saturday afternoons and a brilliant new sports hall open until quite late most evenings. Plus a culture which expects students to do more than simple focus on exam results.

If you are looking for a sixth form which is both academic and rounded it has to be worth a look.

lottie4576 Sat 07-Sep-13 13:27:48

Needmoresleep i know that Westminster is very hard to get into and it is too much of an Academic environment so I wouldnt want her going there! I also know that the sport isnt great even though they do it

lottie4576 Sat 07-Sep-13 13:28:37

Any more ideas, I dont know of many schools so if you just post a list of schools that would be just as good! Thanks all grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now