SQA results support thread

(85 Posts)

Anyone else's DC waiting for results on 6 Aug? I've one doing Advanced Highers (but already has unconditional place) and one doing Highers, who hasn't applied, but may apply through clearing if the results are good enough.

Neither has signed up for email/text results, so they'll be waiting until 3pm for the postie!

mrsjay Mon 05-Aug-13 21:26:52

dd is doing a mixture of standard grades an int2s and she did quite well in the prelims but I hope she didnt go to bits in the exams I am sure it will be fine, she did warn me not to hold out for music as her performing wasnt great

Preferthedogtothekids Mon 05-Aug-13 21:54:34

My Ds, my Dd and I are planning to go to Tesco for some late night shopping, mainly to kill time before we come back to wait for the email. They plan to stay up till it comes, I'll be going to bed by 2am if it hasn't arrived!

chocoluvva Mon 05-Aug-13 22:23:23

DD is now home again and reckons that the emails will come between 6 and 8am. According to her friend. Apparently.

mrsjay Mon 05-Aug-13 22:26:11

dd1 got her emails during the night she said but that couldve been 7 30 in the morning grin

mrsjay Mon 05-Aug-13 22:27:15

DD2 said her school is opened tomorrow I am guessing that is for anybody who is having a meltdown about results I said to her it is probably more for the 5th and 6th years though

chocoluvva Mon 05-Aug-13 22:35:45

My DD can't decide whether to look at her email or wait for the post. Look at the post DD and put us out of our misery!

(My highers results went to the wrong house. I had to trek across town to get them then trek back home, where my expectant GPs were waiting. They were much more confident of the results being good than I was.) Nearly 30 years later I can still feel the dread of opening the envelope!)

Choco, were the results good or bad 30 years ago?

I met my postie when I was out dong my paper round, so I was alne and at the side of a road when I got mine.

chocoluvva Mon 05-Aug-13 22:57:12

They were good enough to get an unconditional offer for the uni of my choice. (DH did 6 highers in fifth year and went straight to uni). We are angry shock and confused at DD's lack of interest and application.

Did you have to continue doing your paper round after you'd opened your envelope?!

I did indeed and even ended up in a related industry grin

chocoluvva Mon 05-Aug-13 23:16:05

OMG you're an undercover journo aren't you? grin

DD has "found the answer" apparently - texts will be sent between 8 and 9am, emails will go out in batches throughout the night.

She's now planning to sit up and wait!

Either that or a road-sweeper grin

Thanks to your DD, I will tell mine.

DD did great!

She got four credits at a 2, one general at three, and a B and a C in her int 2s.

For a girl who didn't know if she had passed anything I am grin grin

She had passed her maths int 2 in maths last year, so a good solid set of results.

Ps it came in at half three, though we only just checked.

Jacaqueen Tue 06-Aug-13 07:33:23

Good luck everyone. Well done to your daughter Cormoran. Fingers crossed for the rest of us. Well the rest of them I suppose that should be. I don't remember being this bothered waiting for my own O Grades all those years ago.

2rebecca Tue 06-Aug-13 07:38:46

My son's not heard, the text came at 8.30 last year. He said he didn't need to sign up again this year as he'd done it last year, hope he's right.
He got nagged into doing it by me last year as I knew we'd be away that week.

Well done to your DD, Cormoran!

Thanks, hope everyone else gets the results they wish for.

mrsjay Tue 06-Aug-13 07:53:36

I did indeed and even ended up in a related industry

a newsagent grin

congrats to your daughter you must be chuffed

<<waiting on postie

mrsjay Tue 06-Aug-13 07:54:55

. I don't remember being this bothered waiting for my own O Grades all those years ago

I wasnt that fussed but I was rubbish at school I left at 16 and was probably at work the day my results came in , -- i only got 2-- blush

mrsjay Tue 06-Aug-13 07:55:49

oh strike out fail

2rebecca Tue 06-Aug-13 08:00:46

My mum had to nag me to open my o level envelope. I was in bed and didn't want to face the reality of knowing and have mum hovering over me but she wasn't going to go away.

mrsjay Tue 06-Aug-13 08:02:57

I was the last year of Ogrades and it was going to be the new sparkly standard grades now dd age is the last to do standard grades I feel ancient

I cannot remember if I did ogrades or o'levels. Sat them in either 83 or 84.

When I did my highers I had it all a bit upside down, rather than get this and you get to uni, I set myself a minimum and said if you do this well you can give up on studying - and I did, for a while at least.

mrsjay Tue 06-Aug-13 08:09:29

wouldve been ogrades did we have Olevels here

2rebecca Tue 06-Aug-13 08:15:37

I went to school in England, moved here 20 years ago.
He got 4As and a B so is really pleased, knew he'd struggle to get an A in German.
Hope everyone else's results went well. off to work now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now