if you appealed and won.....

(4 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 23-Jul-13 21:11:07

.. would you be willing to show me what you wrote on your appeal form? i can't get started on it for some reason, I seem to have hit a blank wall knowing quite how to word it/pitch it. I know what my grounds are but just how to word it I'm really struggling.

TIA

prh47bridge Tue 23-Jul-13 23:20:01

What are your grounds?

All you really need to do is set them out clearly. Appeal panels see widely varying cases from parents. Some just submit a few bullet points, others write pages of prose. There is no right way to do it.

mckenzie Wed 24-Jul-13 21:33:05

thanks prh. i don't really want to go into the finer points on here but i've taken on board what you said about no right or wrong way and i think i'm happy with what i now have so thank you.

Julezboo Fri 02-Aug-13 10:58:31

mckenzie - if its not too late, please PM me. We went through appeals process and won back in Jan (We are 14 miles out of catchment area) Would be happy to help smile

We bought a book from Amazon. But the worst thing you can do is slag off the other schools in the area (or your area if you are out of catchment)

We followed the personal letter/appeal route, made points on my boys SN's, him needing the friendship group he has made as they help him along. Needing the expertise of the schools SEN department. We focused on not wanting him to start all over again socially as well as the fact we were worried he was going to fall further behind with his education.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now