Anyone got good girls' school trousers with proper pockets?

(13 Posts)
Takver Thu 20-Jun-13 21:07:28

Just bought dd 2 pairs from M&S, she's starting 2ndary in September, but will be wearing black trousers just as in primary. We carefully picked proper girls trousers in a more grown up style (she's mostly chosen 'boy' styles before) - but realised later that they don't have pockets. This is a Big Problem apparantly as she has discovered in her transition days that it is the done thing to abandon one's bag in the corridor at secondary during lunchtime and No-one carries it around with them grin

So, does anyone's dd have trousers that have good large side pockets to fit a tissue, library card, dinner money, a collection of key-rings and some strange mouldering random items?

monikar Fri 21-Jun-13 10:59:01

This doesn't answer your question as my DD wears skirts, but will your DD need a blazer? They have several inside pockets, one usually with a zip for money, library card, phone etc. plus the outside ones.

Lancelottie Fri 21-Jun-13 11:02:57

DD definitely has M&S ones with pockets, so I'd have another check on their website, maybe?

Startail Fri 21-Jun-13 11:05:57

Source of irritation here too.

Some M&S ladies work trousers have pockets.

DD1 drops her cards and locker key in the breast pocket of her blouse, causing them to get washed.

She much prefers her too short skirt as it has a pocket.

I used to have my sixth form locker key on a dog lead clip hooked on to my skirt belt loop as we weren't allowed trousers.

Startail Fri 21-Jun-13 11:09:15

I think DD2s kids Next trousers have pockets.

I think she just takes her bag with her, she's far more into fashion than practicality.

Takver Fri 21-Jun-13 11:21:08

Their uniform is just school logo polo shirt / sweatshirt then black trousers - very easy but no pockets in the top half! Theoretically I think the girls can wear a skirt, but I haven't seen any pupils wearing one so I guess they aren't the done thing (maybe they police lengths too strictly?).

I'll check out the Next school trousers & M&S online. Unfortunately the ones I got don't have belt loops either otherwise a clip would be a good answer!

Startail Fri 21-Jun-13 11:26:00

Yes we have polo shorts in summer, hence DD1 being in a huff with the teacher who grumps a outer shorter, with a pocket, skirt.

Startail Fri 21-Jun-13 11:26:38

A outer? About her

Takver Fri 21-Jun-13 11:41:44

I'm tempted to offer her my work trousers to borrow except that she'd probably take me up on it grin

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 21-Jun-13 19:55:37

DD1 has Sainsbury's trousers, which always have mysterious objects mouldering in the pockets. Not desperately fashionable, but definitely "girls'" trousers.

Takver Fri 21-Jun-13 20:54:58

Not desperately fashionable is just fine - the right length and no holes would be an improvement as dd is back in her old ones . . . Will check out Sainsbury's smile

Takver Fri 26-Jul-13 15:55:45

Just bumping this thread as someone linked to these trousers from M&S on another thread, they also have normal fit with pockets

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 26-Jul-13 21:08:53

Thanks Takver - might grab some of them for DD1, who is going into Yr 7 and am guessing is about to outgrow the little heart-shaped dangly thing on her primary-school trousers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now