Ursuline High School or Ricards Lodge High (Wimbledon)

(10 Posts)
marriedinwhiteagain Mon 17-Jun-13 21:52:00

Just that it's very popular. The website will tell you more - give it a google. Also, always worth a half hour outside any school at chuxking out time to see what they are really like. If they are banned in the local shops - think twice. I know Ricards used to be banned from Centre Court but they aren't now.

thatmum48 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:16:06

thanks very much for this advice, what do you know about sacred heart then MARRIEDINWHITE?

thatmum48 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:15:26

thanks very much for this advice, what do you know about sacred heart then MARRIEDINWHITE?

marriedinwhiteagain Mon 17-Jun-13 20:42:56

I meant it in a good way. I have heard it has a good head who is trning it around. What about Sacred heart in Hammersmith - I thought that was the catholic school of choice?

Both the ricards girls and the Ursuline girls look very pleasant and presentable when I see them and I run up to Wimbledon Common every day.

sandyballs Mon 17-Jun-13 13:13:06

A friend of mine was assaulted on a tram by some girls from Ricards and the school weren't interested at all. It has a bad reputation and the behaviour of the girls is quite shocking. I know every school, or most, have an element of bad behaviour, but there seem to be a lot there!

thatmum48 Sun 16-Jun-13 17:56:41

yes, i am catholic, do you mean that in a good or bad way? marriedinwhiteagain

thatmum48 Sun 16-Jun-13 17:55:14

yes, i am catholic, do you mean that in a good or bad way marriedinwhiteagain

marriedinwhiteagain Sun 16-Jun-13 15:52:00

All I know is that Ricards rebranded itself about five years ago. Not sure if it has a 6th form but the girls on the streets are a very different kettle of fish from ten years ago.

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 16-Jun-13 13:19:13

Are you a Catholic? i imagine if you aren't that probably rules out the Ursuline.

thatmum48 Sun 16-Jun-13 00:10:45

Hi, i have a daughter in year 5 currently and we are beginning the long process of getting her into secondary education. We have no option of private education because 1. we disagree with it 2. we can't afford it
so i just want to know other mums opinions on these two schools?? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now