leighton buzzard middle schools and secondary

(3 Posts)
joochiat Sun 28-Apr-13 16:12:06

I've read a few old threads here about linsdale middle and cedars secondary schools in Leighton buzzard and it seems like parents at the time considered these to be quite strong schools. However their Ofsted reports didn't sound so great: Linsdale middle 2012 "satisfactory" and Cedars was also just "satisfactory" according to Ofsted in 2011. Can anyone with kids locally give me some inside info about this and if the schools have improved since. Leighton middle was ranked as "good" but it seems like parents on mumsnet prefer Linsdale. Any info on this?? THanks

langster Sun 28-Apr-13 18:10:03

There is much more to a school than it's Ofsted report. You're obviously doing your research. I would recommend visiting the schools if possible. And don't rule out the other Upper School either. Their results have been shooting up over the last few years.

joochiat Mon 29-Apr-13 13:48:39

I'd love to visit the schools but we are living abroad and I will have to take the plunge and decide where to live based upon what I can glean from the internet!! So thanks for all advice cos its essential to me. Yes I saw that Vandyke was improving, and it was on my radar but it was curious that prior to your reply, PP, mumsnetters had only mentioned the Linslade side schools.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now