What next after Year Offer

(8 Posts)
crazymum53 Wed 24-Apr-13 08:50:30

The dates of the Y6/7 induction days and Parents meetings are on the Parents calendar on the school website. These meetings tend to be late June/ early July to avoid clashes with KS2 SATs and to allow time for families Appealing for places at the school.
There will be forms for parents to fill in and you will be sent a Welcome Pack by the school with details of uniform etc.
The primary school will probably be starting to transfer information about your child to the new school too.

stancey Tue 23-Apr-13 20:44:03

Thanks everyone for your replies, bit relieved to know that's not unusual. Will call tomorrow to double check with the School.

Marmitelover55 Tue 23-Apr-13 19:35:22

I live in Bristol too and had started to become concerned by the same thing. I had heard of other parents at other schools in Bristol receiving welcome packs. I phoned the school today (CGS) and the admissions lady told me that they will be sending out the welcome packs after the bank holiday to tie in with the second round. I also asked her to check that my dd's name was on the list and it was (phew) grin

We haven't heard anything either, but on quizzing those with older children, it's not unusual. Apparently we should geta welcome evening in June.

Our secondary does not do induction days, but will have a sports camp in summer for three days (that we have to pay for!)

OldBeanbagz Tue 23-Apr-13 17:06:33

We were told to expect more information 'after Easter' with my DD going to an induction day in late June.

I guess most school have loads of paperwork to egt through at this time of year.

tiggytape Tue 23-Apr-13 16:38:38

Induction is normally July but some schools have things before then.
At some point in May or June you will probably get a bundle of forms to fill out and uniform lists / school-home agreement etc to sign.

If you are worried they haven't acknowledges your reply, you can always email to check they got it O.K

MaureenMLove Tue 23-Apr-13 16:37:24

I would think they're still doing admin at the schools atm. We certainly are at my school. Our yr7 induction day is not until July and I believe CAT tests are also July.

They all need to concentrate on national exams, which are just about to start.

Best thing is to give the school a ring and ask them for sure. smile

stancey Tue 23-Apr-13 16:34:14

My dd was offered place in her choice on 1st of March and I sent back the written confirmation of acceptance to Bristol council with same week.

I have not heard back anything from council or school, just wondering what happens next, and would she be invited for any introduction sessions from school?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now