Bonds papers 11+

(6 Posts)
formicaqueen Fri 29-Mar-13 20:28:44

I'm worried he might not work fast enough on the higher papers I mean.

formicaqueen Fri 29-Mar-13 20:28:13

Thanks for your help. It's really hard knowing if DH is grammar material. He is due to get mostly 5's in his SATs at the end of year 6 but is quite a plodder.

Marni23 Fri 29-Mar-13 19:19:44

And make sure that Bond is appropriate for whatever test(s) he is doing. There are a lot of question types in there that don't appear in other papers. And questions in other papers that don't appear in Bond...

happyAvocado Fri 29-Mar-13 18:10:51

90% and that within the time limit, every time he does them

QueenQueenie Fri 29-Mar-13 15:47:24

go to the elevenplus website forum... they talk of little else there!
It's a while since I had to contend with all this 11+ business but I think by the time of the exams a dc should be scoring highly (90% ish) on the older age group papers to be doing well.

formicaqueen Fri 29-Mar-13 14:22:11

I'm new to this, very confused and have probably been too laid back! My son is in Y5 and his birthday is May. I wondered what sort of scores are considered grammar school level on the Bonds verbal reasoning 11+ (9-10) papers. Not sure if we need to be working on the age 10-11 11+ papers? My DS has completed four papers so far but the first one was low at 60% and the most recent was 90% at the 9-10 level. Any advice be be great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now