Help with interview for apprenticeship.

(4 Posts)
glaurung Fri 29-Mar-13 17:09:45

It's difficult to advise then, but presumably you are limited by the tools you have at home, so it would need to be something fairly simple but very well made - presumably wooden, rather than metalwork or plastic. Try to play to his strengths. Things my dc have made are: bookends, clocks (you can buy mechanisms cheaply, then go to town on the face, numerals etc) and more ambitiously, pet enclosures.

nsure Fri 29-Mar-13 13:47:25

Hi, It can be either I am assuming, problem is , he doesn't have anything he has made.

glaurung Fri 29-Mar-13 10:42:14

Does it have to be something new he produces specially, or can he use something he's produced in DT at school or at home already? The latter would be much easier - just choose the best thing he's made. If the former how long does he have and can he relate it to any of his hobbies?

nsure Fri 29-Mar-13 09:25:28

Hi, my son has been offered an interview for an apprenticeship and has to produce an example of a practical piece of work. This is an engineering based firm , any ideas please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now